TD has taken their mobile app to the next level as they recently launched an enhanced version of its popular mobile app. The latest enhancement gives online investors increased flexibility by allowing consumers to place trades on the go using their mobile device.
This new capability builds on the current features and functionality of the past TD mobile app, which includes:
- Allowing investors to research
- monitor and track investments
- transfer funds between TD banking and investing accounts
- manage custom watchlists
How does placing trades work with the TD mobile app?
Clients who manage their portfolios through TD Waterhouse Discount Brokerage now has the ability to buy and sell investments; this includes Canadian and U.S. stocks and exchange traded funds. Through the TD mobile app, you can change or cancel unfilled orders.
Kerry Peacock, Executive Vice-President, TD Waterhouse Discount Brokerage explained that trading through a mobile device adds an enhanced control and flexibility online investors enjoy.
This mobile trading service allows clients to confidently manage their portfolios, and it also includes assistance by phone 24/7 in 4 languages, and in-person at TD’s investor Centres across Canada. Clients can attend educational seminars access to their accounts where they can speak to qualified representatives.
The TD mobile app also allows customers to do the following:
- View TD Canada Trust and TD Waterhouse accounts
- Pay bills
- Send/receive Interac e-Transfers
- Transfer funds between TD accounts
- Place trades within a TD Waterhouse Discount Brokerage account
- Retrieve TD Waterhouse real-time stock quotes
- Access TD Waterhouse Markets & Research
- Track TD Waterhouse watchlists
- Contact us – one-touch calling and Branch / ATM / TD Waterhouse Investor Centre locators
This new update brings about a feature that I am sure many investors have been looking out for. What I love about this is that there isn’t a separate app that a person needs to download. Rather everything you need is on the single TD mobile app.
What do you think of the new feature on the TD Mobile app?